Key factors in deciding whether to outsource your lockout tagout project or perform the work in-house include:
- How quickly does the project need to be implemented?
Will the resources and tools be available to accommodate the schedule?
- What other responsibilities will the personnel assigned to the project have?
How will this impact the project as well as other areas of operations?
Will the personnel assigned be available long enough to complete the project?
- Have all costs been taken into consideration including: labor, materials and equipment?
- Will the personnel assigned have the knowledge, tools and capability to complete the project?
Will the desired project results be achieved?
- Will the tools and personnel be available to review and update lockout procedures as your facility's processes and equipment change?
Will the changes be properly documented to comply with OSHA regulations?